The Patch Up- Online Patch Weaving, 29th April
We are living in very different times at the moment so we are going to try and stay as connected to our community as possible and hope that you do too. Our new meet up will now be online, free and lots of fun!
Lowie began as a knitted accessories brand so we have a lot of spare yarn kicking around. This textile based workshop will teach you how to weave a patch which you can use to decorate clothing or to cover a hole or stain. These little patches can be as big or as small as you want as you will be creating your own make shift loom.
We will log on on Wednesday the 29th April at 5:30pm. To attend you will need to 'buy' the product (it's free) and we will email you a zoom link where you will find Poppy & Natalie to teach you how to weave your own patch.
Please purchase this before 4:00pm on the 29th April otherwise we cannot guarantee we will have enough time to send out the link.
What will I need?
- Bits of yarn Try and come up with a colour scheme to
- Embroidery thread or a thinner stronger thread for your warp
- Cardboard this is for your loom so make sure it is fairly sturdy (I used an easter egg box)
- Tapestry needle you need to be able to thread whatever yarn you are using for this project through the eye so make sure its big enough.
- Ruler You need to make a grid on your cardboard circle of 0.4cm
Where can I buy supplies?