The Patch Up-Online Sashiko, 1st April
We are living in very different times at the moment so we are going to try and stay as connected to our community as possible and hope that you do too. Our new meet up will now be online, free and lots of fun!
We will log on on Wednesday the 1st April at 5:30pm. To attend you will need to 'buy' the product (it's free) and we will email you a zoom link where you will find Natalie and Poppy to teach you how to do Sashiko mending.
What will I need?
- A Garment you would like to patch up.
- Fabric scrap this will be used for sewing on a hole so it should be around 2cm bigger all around than the hole. Tip: Use a checked fabric so you can follow the lines.
- Needle you may want to use a longer needle so you can easily load up more stitches
- Thread I prefer using embroidery thread but you can just use sewing thread your stitches just won't be as visible
- Chalk this is to draw on your fabric if you want to make sure your stitching is neat
Where can I buy supplies?