With the eponymous Glastonbury happening this weekend, and a bunch of other cultural festivals taking place over the summer months, we’ve put together our ultimate packing list.
1. Come rain or shine, a hat is essential. And L. F Markey's large, weather resistant hat with removable ties has both practicality and style stitched into it.
2. Let's face it, British weather is always going to be totally unpredictable, so multiple outfits are certainly required. And when there's limited packing space, a playsuit is a one-hit wonder. So this 80's-inspired organic cotton romper, designed by our in-house brand Miss Pom Pom, is sure to get you noticed amongst the crowd.
Miss PomPom Poolside Pink Squiggle Print Playsuit. £75.
3. If shorts aren't your thing, then our Sunny Days Jumpsuit is equally covetable.
Miss PomPom White Dancing Smiles Sunny Days Jumpsuit. £98.
4. Obviously, we're all praying the skies stay blue to stave off having to wade through the fields in knee-deep mud. But just incase the weather takes an unexpected turn, these durable hard-wearing brown leather boots will certainly do the trick - designed as they are for Tasmanian terrain.
Blundstone 1919 Brown Leather with Mustard Ankle Boots. £155.
5. On the subject of rain, we'd actually be a.ok in downpour if it meant we got to party in this eye-catching Camo poncho, designed from recycled polyester and with a hidden pouch for easy packing.
Rainkiss Digi Forest Camo Rain Poncho. £69.
6. Surely, no outfit is complete without a sprinkling of accessories and, for us, it's all about these hand cut ribbed hydro glass earrings in aqua green by sustainable jewellery brand, Shyla. Handcrafted to perfection and light enough to dance 'till dawn in.
Shyla Ettienne Green Ridge Earrings. £59.
7. If you're seeking something a little more 'put together' then we suggest pairing the very cool L. F Markey GOTS certified organic cotton bralette, with the matching culotte shorts - both designed in the brands limited edition picnic print.
LF Markey Elm Picnic Top £62 and Lazlo Picnic Print Shorts £95.
8. Whether you're basking in sunshine or sheltering inside a tent to avoid a downpour, it's highly likely you'll need a pair of shades. Even if it's simply to hide the dark circles from [insert number of days depending on how much of a festival die-hard you are] revelling until the wee small hours. We think CPHO's Green Anna Sunglasses are pretty on point, mainly for their unique colour but also because each pair is made from 100% recycled plastic and comes in a protective pouch made from corn starch.
9. No festival outfit is complete without the addition of a bum-bag which, of course, provides a key practical function whilst also aiding that 'seasoned festival' aesthetic we're all going for (Kate Moss would have one in a heartbeat, we're sure of it). What's even better, in our minds at least, is that they're made from the remnants of discarded tents... how much more on trend could you be. Seriously.
COTAPAXI Kapai Hip Pack £45 (available In-store only).
10. And because we all know that every festival takes a heavy toll on the ol' feet, we don't think any packing list is complete without a pair of Teva's ULTRA COMFORTABLE Hurricane XLT2 sandals, crafted from recycled PET and featuring a heel cupping and arch cookie design for added support.
Teva Hurricane XLT2 in Sherbert £75.
So now you're all packed, go forth and P-A-R-T-Y! And be sure to tag us in your instagram splurge as we love nothing more than seeing our gorgeous Lowie customers living their best life. Xx